UPDATED JANUARY 11th
Please see the leaflet for parents which details actions you need to take if you or your child has symptoms, tests positive or is identified as a contact.
Face coverings in schools
All primary school staff wear face coverings when moving around coomunal areas. Face coverings lower the risk of spreading the virus if someone has the virus but does not have symptoms. Primary school pupils will not be asked to wear face coverings during the school day, however, we would like to request that all adults wear a face covering when visiting school including when picking up and dropping off children.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- have the Covid vaccination if eligible, ensuring that if over 16 years you have both doses.
- Further information is available at nhs.uk/coronavirus/