COVID-19 Information - updated for Autumn 2021
You will be aware that guidance from the government has changed since 16th August so the way positive cases of COVID-19 will be handled in schools will change from September.
The school will continue to ensure confirmed cases of COVID-19 do not attend until the end of their self-isolation period.
Contact tracing will be carried out by NHS Test and Trace so the correct advice can be offered to contacts. Any contacts aged under 18 years and 6 months will be exempt from isolation however in order to prevent avoidable spread in schools we will still need your support with the following.
If your child is identified as a contact please consider the following actions;
- Book them in to take a PCR test as soon as possible (unless they have had a positive PCR test in the last 90 days). Children aged 4 years and under who are identified as a contact will not be advised to take a PCR test unless the positive case was someone in their own household. They can continue to attend school whil ethey await the results.
- Where possible consider limiting contacts outside of school.
- Take regular asymptomatic LFD tests twice weekly (recommended for 11 years and over).
- If your child travels to school on public transport a face covering should be worn on the journey.
This advice applies until 10 full days after your most recent contact with the person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, they must not come to school and should remain at home. They must get a PCR test as soon as possible and isolate until the result is available. Other members of the household do not have to isolate during this period unless they also develop symptoms.
SYMPTOMATIC TESTING AND TESTING FOR CLOSE CONTACTS
You can book a PCR test either online (by going here - https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test) or by calling 119.
There are sites in Stretford, Partington, and Trafford Park, plus some larger drive through sites a little further afield at Manchester Airport and the Etihad Stadium.
The closest available site will be shown to you when booking.
Sometimes the closest site does not show up so if all the sites shown are a long distance away we recommend trying again in an hour or so. You can also order a PCR test direct to your home and post it back.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Participate in twice weekly LFD testing following national guidelines (recommended for 11 years and over). We encourage you to log your results here: https://www.gov.uk/log-test-site-covid19-results
- Get vaccinated if eligible.
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/